Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer?
There are two main types of mixers which are Hand Mixer and Stand Mixer. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. If you want to know more about these mixers so you know which is the best for you, then continue reading.
Today most of the kitchen appliances are coming up with the new models and they are offering the same features. But the one thing that is really making a difference is the price. A hand mixer is available at very low prices while the other one can be very costly.
A hand mixer is a small handheld motorized appliance that uses a small motor to power the whisks or dough hooks that combine ingredients together.
Advantages of Hand Mixer:
• They are very affordable.
• It is easier to clean.
• It is portable.
• Easy to store.
• Makes whipping, blending, whisking, beating a lot easier to do than doing it by hand.
• With the help of a hand mixer, you can pretty much save a bunch of time and energy preparing your meals.
Disadvantages of Hand Mixer:
• It is not as durable.
• It is not suitable for heavy doughs because of it's smaller motor.
• Since you do need to hold it, it will not free up your hand to do other prep.
• It is not as powerful as a stand mixer
A stand mixer is a more heavy duty stationary electric kitchen device. It usually comes with a paddle, whisk and a dough hook or they maybe additional add-ons.
Advantages of Stand Mixer:
• It is very easy to clean.
• It frees up your hands while it mixes, or whisks the ingredients.
• It is very durable.
• It is very suitable for heavy dough.
• Has a heavy duty motor.
Disadvantages of Stand Mixer:
• It is not so portable.
• The stand mixer is a bit heavy in weight.
• Can be a little noisy.
• It has a bigger foot print than a hand mixer.
The thing that you should consider before buying a mixer is that what you want to do with it. If you use it occationally and don’t need to make complicated doughs then you can buy a hand mixer.
On the other hand, if you are a professional and want to make a wide range of doughs then you can go for a stand mixer.
Check out some hand mixers we've hand picked for you.