Sushi is a delicious and healthy treat, but it can be expensive to buy from a restaurant. If you're looking for a way to make sushi at home, then this article is for you! Learn how to make your own sushi with our easy DIY guide.
Everyone loves sushi, but creating it at home can be quite the headache. Store-bought varieties are often of low quality and leave much to be desired. To make restaurant-worthy pieces of fish art, you may need a few extra tools in your arsenal!
The pieces of fish are probably the most expensive part of making at home Sushi. They need to be Sushi-Grade or Sashimi-Grade. Here are a few top notch Sushi brands that you will be sure to enjoy:
The Other stuff.
Those things that you just need to complete the meal.
Now that me have our materials, lets make some sushi.
- Gather the ingredients: sushi rice, sushi nori, fillings (e.g. fish, vegetables, avocado), and a bowl of warm water for your hands.
- Prepare the sushi rice according to package instructions and spread it on a bamboo rolling mat.
- Place one sheet of sushi nori on top of the rice, with the rough side facing up.
- Spread a thin layer of filling across the middle of the nori sheet in a row from end to end, taking care not to overload it with too much filling
- Dip your fingers in the warm water to dampen them slightly and then begin rolling the sushi by folding up one edge of the mat over the fillings and pressing down lightly to seal it shut. Continue rolling until you create a tight cylinder shape with all the ends tucked in securely at both ends.
- Slice off any extra nori that may be protruding from either end of the roll before slicing into four or six even pieces using a very sharp knife (you may need to wet it slightly). Find out the secrets of sushi knife in this article on Best Sushi Knife.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce and pickled ginger as accompaniments if desired!
*This site contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission through links in this post.